Ideal Standard was presented with the highly coveted Product Innovation Award for its Concept Space range by TV’s Melissa Porter – presenter of BBC’s‘To Buy or Not to Buy’ and ‘Escape to the Country’ – at the Designer Kitchen and Bathroom Awards 2013 gala presentation held at the Tower of London.
Launched in March 2013, Concept Space brings Ideal Standard’s philosophy of A Beautiful Use of Space to smaller bathrooms. The collection, created by award winning designer Robin Levien, combines ceramics, baths and storage solutions that are cleverly designed to fit into small or awkward spaces, transforming them into a beautiful bathroom.
Big thinking for small spaces is the central idea behind the range; and, with the size of the average UK bathroom being no bigger than a king-sized bed, Concept Space picked-up the prestigious industry recognition because it offers consumers an innovative problem-solving solution – and allows people to create their ideal bathroom, whatever that means to them and whatever space they have available.
Mike Pentecost, Marketing Director, Ideal Standard, comments: “The Designer Kitchen and Bathroom Awards are highly respected in our industry, so we are delighted Concept Space has been recognised for its innovative design which brings a beautiful use of space to smaller bathrooms.
“The award also highlights the on-going success of Ideal Standard’s transformational new strategy and fresh approach to design, all of which is driven by new insights into the differing needs of consumers within the bathroom.
“User-centred design, underpinned by a deep understanding of bathroom ergonomics, is at the heart of Ideal Standard’s approach to product development and through this approach we will continue to re-establish our position as a market leading brand.”
About Concept Space:
- Concept Space wall hung and modular units help create a spacious, sophisticated and contemporary look. Units are available in up to six finishes and are designed with minimal projection to make bathrooms look and feel spacious.
- Concept Space Guest basin units, available as both wall hung and floorstandingunits, include an L-shaped door for easy access and reduce door projection when opened.
- Concept Space Cube basins can be used wall mounted, with semi pedestal, full pedestal or furniture. They have a short 380mm projection, which is a significant space saving when compared with the 480mm projection of a standard Concept Cube vanity basin.
- Concept Space guest basins are suitable for even smaller spaces. These 45cm basins are used with wall hung or floorstanding guest basin units which, along with the basins themselves, are available as right or left handed variants to fit in any corner and still seem spacious.
- Concept Space WCs - available as close coupled, back-to-wall and wall hung suites - reduce projection by as much as 75mm, allowing for better planning and flexibility in small or awkward spaces. An innovative corner WC has been specially designed to fit where wall space is tight or where there would not usually be enough legroom for a standard WC. The corner WC offers a clever way to utilise the total space in a bathroom.
- Concept Space baths are shaped to fit in any space, with square shower baths and Spacemaker baths available. Square shower baths are available both left and right handed and as either 150cm or 170 cm in length. Flexible brassware positioning allows the bath to be adapted for either double ended bathing or with conventional bath shower mixers. The shower screen sits alongside a generous 85cm deep showering area and opens inwards or outwards, making it ideal where space is at a premium.